- Dr. Gandy is an analytical thinker without enough time in the day to research all the things he is interested in learning.
- His Myers-Briggs personality type is ENFP, which fairly accurately captures who he is. He loves teaching, and believe God has gifted him for and called to this profession.
- Some of the courses he teaches include social entrepreneurship, management, management communication, and organizational behavior.
- He has a high level of personal integrity and a strong work ethic rooted in moral, philosophical, and theological principles.
He hastraveled extensively in Mexico, Asia, Europe, and Latin America with Dallas Baptist University and with various churches leading students on mission trips and service projects.
He is married to Christy Gandy, and had their first child, Zachary, in August 2012, and second, Isaac, in November, 2014.
- They serve at The Church on Rush Creek, Mira Lagos, in Mansfield, Texas.
- He enjoys playing golf and hunting as time permits.
- Though his wife is the true musician, he owns a guitar, and has hasperformed with a community theater.
- The Food Network is their favorite channel, and he will cook anything if his wife will help him clean the kitchen when he is done.
- He tries to keep his lawn and garden green, and recently finished building a deck and pergola in their back yard.
The professors that teach the Bachelor of Theology and Ministry Program hold advanced degrees from the most prestigious Bible Colleges, Seminaries, and Universities in the world including Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, Dallas Theological Seminary, Dallas Baptist University, and Gateway Seminary. Lucent selects professors based on their faithfulness to the Scriptures, their academic background, lifetime achievements, and their ability to teach dynamic classes.