Frequently Asked Questions
Technology Programs

What is Self-Paced Learning?

A self-paced program means you are not require you to be in contact with professors and other students. You can study at your own pace and, when necessary you can ask questions in the communications area of your dashboard allowing the greatest degree of flexibility.

How Do Self-Paced Degree Programs Work?

Self-guided education is what allows Lucent University to produce high-quality content and, at the same time, offer the best cost-benefit in Bible-based education. You can study at your own pace and, when necessary you can ask questions at the communications area of your dashboard. Also, self-paced learning programs allow the greatest degree of flexibility for distance learners. You can enroll at any time and not worry about deadlines to complete your coursework, as long as you complete 5 courses every Term (6 months).

Why choose a Self-Paced Degree Program?

There are many reasons why you should choose a Self-Paced Program. First, you can be more independent. You can keep your current activities, set your own schedule, and have more flexibility in the course of your studies. Second, it’s more economical than regular education. Costs of tuition, books, transportation are much lower or non-exist when you get your education online. Third, higher quality. If you are studying topics that do not require hands-on experience, such as medical, mechanics, or driving courses, online programs are usually is more effective than the classroom experience. They are better planned, and classes are better present in a recorded class than in a regular classroom.

Can I start at any time?

You can start your program immediately after completing the enrollment process. The enrollment process includes filling out the enrollment form, setting up your password, taking the free English assessment test, if English is not your native language, and paying your monthly tuition fee.

Can I complete Terms early or late?

Students enrolled in the Technology programs cannot advance courses or Terms. New courses will become available only after completing all the courses listed within a Term and after the current Term (6 months) is concluded. in case a student is late completing all the courses within a Term, he or she can apply for an extension with no penalty or additional cost.

Can I complete my program early?

The time a student can complete the program is determined by how many Terms there are in the program. in other words, if a program has a total of 4 Terms, the student can only complete their program in a aproximatly of two years.

How much time do I need to dedicate to my studies?

Students enrolled in the Certificate Courses are free to study at their own pace. Students enrolled in the Associate and Bachelor degrees should dedicate 8 hours per week. Students enrolled in the Master's degrees should dedicate 12 hours per week.

What are Associate and Master's Degrees?

The Associate and Master's Degrees are higher education programs. Students enrolled in the Associate and Master's programs must take exams, write projects, and completed all the assignments. Students intending to enroll in an Associate program must present proof of high school completion or another secondary program. Students intending to enroll in a Master's program must present proof of completion of a higher education degree.

How does the Bachelor's Degree work?

All Bachelor programs are double majors. You can choose two concentrations, provided one concentration is related to Cybersecurity or Cloud Computing. For instance, you can enroll in the Cybersecurity degree and choose a second concentration in Theology, Cloud Computing, Business, Counseling, or Health Care. The courses related to Technology and Business will start being offered in the Fall of 2021 and Spring of 2022. Beginning in the Fall of 2021, the courses in Counseling and Health Care will start. Upon the completion of 120 credit hours, you can be granted a Bachelor’s degree of Ministry and Theology, Technology, Business, Counseling, or Health Care.

What is the Certificate Course?

The Amazon AWS Cloud Computing, CompTIA A+, and CompTIA Fundamentals are non-credit extension courses that do not require a High School or College diploma. Students are exempt from taking the English entrance exam.

Do I have to be fluent in English?

Students applying to enroll in the Certificate Course don't need to be fluent in English. Students who wish to enroll in the Associate degree must have intermediate knowledge of the English language. Students who wish to enroll in the Master's degree must have advanced knowledge of the English language. For non-native speakers, Lucent offers a free online Test of English Comprehension (TEC) to verify if the student has the necessary knowledge of the English language for he or she to enroll in their desired program.

What is the TEC?

The Test of English Comprehension (TEC) was developed to assess the level of comprehension in the English language for non-native speakers. After the candidate for an Associate or Master's program completes the enrollment form, he or she receives an email with the information on how to access the TEC. The TEC is free of charge. The test has a total of 100 multiple-choice questions. The candidate has 90 minutes to complete the test.

How many points do I need in the TEC?

The passing grade for the Test of English Comprehension (TEC) is 60 points for the Associate and Bachelor's Degrees, and 70 points for the Master's Degrees. The maximum score of a candidate can achieve is 100 points. If the student does not achieve the necessary points to enroll in the first trial, he or she can retake the test multiple times at no cost.

What documents do I need to enroll?

Students are required to upload to their dashboard the images of two government-issued identification documents that contain his or her photo and proof of residency document (bills, bank statements, or official documents containing their address). Students enrolled in the Certificate Courses are not required to upload academic documentation, only the two government-issued identification documents that contain his or her photo and proof of residency document are required. Students enrolled in the Associate or Bachelor degree must upload the images of their High school diploma or secondary school diploma and transcripts. Students enrolled for the Master's degree must upload the images a copy of their High school diploma or secondary school diploma and transcripts and their Bachelor or postsecondary diploma and transcripts. All images must be in high-resolution and high-quality. The images can be scanned or photographed on a flat surface. Color images are not required but preferred. Documents written in non-Roman characters need to be translated to English. All documents must be uploaded within 30 days from the enrollment date.

Can I enroll in a Associate or Brachelor's if I'm still in High-School?

Yes, while technically a student in high-school is not officially a college student, the college credit courses a high-school student takes in an undergraduate program can count as credits towards a degree. The student who enrolls in a degree program, such as an Associate or Bachelor's degree, can state that he or she has a school diploma or a secondary Degree in the enrollment form. It will be necessary to upload the transcript of the last high-school semester to the learning system as proof of current enrollment. Once the student completes his or her high-school or secondary school education, the student’s high-school or secondary diploma needs to be uploaded to the learning system. Note that if the high-school or secondary school education is not completed by the time all required credits hours for an Associate or Bachelor's degree are achieved, the Associate or Bachelor's diploma will not be issued.

Can I choose the number of courses I take?

Students enrolled in the Certificate Course can choose what courses to take at their discretion. Students in the Master's and Associate degrees must take all the courses listed in their respective programs in order to complete their programs. Currently, our programs do not offer elective courses.

Can I take multiple courses at the same time?

In most instances, students can take multiple courses at once within the same Term (6 months). However, there are courses offered in the same Term that are sequential. Courses that are sequential are blocked and marked with a lock icon in the student dashboard and can only be takes once the previous introductory course is completed.

Do I have to take courses in a particular order?

Students are free to take any course on their current Term (6 months) available on their dashboard in the order that they want, or even take multiple courses at the same time. The exceptions are courses that have prerequisites. For courses that require prior knowledge, level 1 must be completed before students start taking level 2.

When will I receive my Diploma or Certificate?

Yes. Students who have fulfilled all the prerequisites of the program, and have made all the payments, will receive a certificate or diploma upon completion of the program. The certificate or diploma will be available in PDF format immediately upon completing the program. A printed copy will be mailed to the student within 30 days after the conclusion of the program.

How can I take my IT Certifications?

Lucent University students can be eligible for a 50% discount on CompTIA, Amazon, or VMware certifications. Once you complete your current Term (6 months) and are in good standing with all requirements, you can request Lucent University to purchase a voucher for CompTIA, Amazon, or VMware certifications at a discount price. You have two choices on how and where to take your certifications. You can take your certification at a location of your choice in person at any Pearson Vue site. To find a Pearson Vue testing center near you click here.

Are books and materials included in the program?

All academic materials necessary for students to complete their studies are available in electronic format in the student environment in our Educational Management System (EMS) for students to download at no additional cost.

How does student support work?

Lucent University has a dedicated teams provide technical assistance, content management, hosting and student support. Lucent University will answer questions regarding registration, pricing, duration of the program, and all questions about the usability of the learning system. Support is offered through the learning dashboard or the support page.

What are the passing grades?

All exams are multiple-choice with a 1 to 100 points grading system. The passing grade is 50 points for the Certificate Courses, 60 points for the Associate and Bachelor's Degrees, and 70 points for the Master's Degrees. Students can take exams multiple times until the passing grade is achieved. Each time you start a new exam, the questions and answers are shuffled, meaning that every exam is unique.

What are Credit Hours?

A credit hour is a measuring unit adopted by educational institutions, mainly in the United States. Credit hours are used to count educational credits. It is usually based on the number of hours the student is exposed to a course during a week during an academic semester. The courses you take at Lucent are worth three credit hours each.

How do I write my papers?

At Lucent University students are not required to write book reviews, compositions, or research papers. All the written work is based on projects. For most courses, you will write a project on how to apply what you learned. To make things simple, we provide a template, like a questionnaire, with each project.

How much does my program cost?

Lucent University uses the Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) of the World Bank to determine the cost of the programs. The tuition cost varies according to the purchasing power of the Country the student lives. To check the monthly tuition cost for your country click here.

How do I pay my tuition?

US institutions normally charge tuition based on semesters. At Lucent University students have the flexibility to pay tuition on a monthly basis. The Certificate Program, Associate, and Master's degrees last 24 months, hence students pay 24 installments. The Master's of Divinity degree lasts 36 months, hence students pay 36 installments. The Bachelor's degree lasts 48 months, hence students pay 48 installments. The first installment is due after the student completes the enrollment process.

What is the form of payment?

All you have to do is set up a PayPal account or pay with a major credit card on the PayPal portal. PayPal operates with all major credit cards and accepts payments in over 30 currencies. If you would like to open a PayPal account, visit the PayPal website for your country by clicking here.

What happens if my payment is late?

Access to the dashboard will be suspended if the monthly payment is 30 days late. Once the due amount is paid, access to the dashboard is resumed immediately.

How can I apply for a Scholarship?

Lucent has purchased the official programs from Amazon Web Services, CompTIA, and VMware. We do not have control over their pricing. Though these courses are expensive, to make them affordable to all, we determine the cost based on the World Bank's Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) of your country. Hence, there are no scholarships available for students in need of financial aid.

Can I pause my studies?

You can pause your studies and return at your earliest convenience. You don't have to pay your tuition during the time you pause your studies. To pause your program you need to write an email from the contact area within the student dashboard. To resume your studies contact Lucent University using the contact area on our homepage. Students with scholarships may lose their benefit if they paused their studies.

How can I withdraw from a program?

If a student decides to withdraw from a program, go to contact page. It may take up to 30 days for the cancellation to take effect. No fine or fee will apply if the student has no outstanding payment. No partial refund will be issued in case the student has paid the tuition for the month in which the cancellation was requested.

Where can I find the Student Handbook?

The Student Handbook can be downloaded from the Enrollment form or download it by clicking here. The Student Handbook explains in detail the procedures of the Institution, your responsibilities as a student, and the obligations of Lucent University.

What if a have a disability?

Lucent University will take all reasonable measures to accommodate students with visual, hearing, learning, mental, motor, or other disabilities. You will be able to indicate if you have a situation that requires special accommodation in the enrollment form. Though it is not guaranteed that we will provide access in every situation, there are measures in place to accommodate students in need of special attention.

What happens when I finish my program?

After the completion of your program, you will receive by mail a printed and signed diploma within 90 days. Your transcripts can be downloaded anytime from the learning dashboard. If you need to request another copy of your diploma, the cost is US$50.00. You will also continue to have access to your video classes, books, and all resources materials available to current students. You will also be notified of any updates in the program and about all new content posted in our LMS. This way you will be kept up-to-date and keep enjoying the benefits of being a part of Lucent University even after finishing your program.

Do you provide job placement assistance?

We work on a global market and hence do not have an international department to assist with job placements.

How will my Academic Records be kept?

During the time you are enrolled, your academic records are available in the student's environment. After you graduate, your academic records will be kept indefinitely. At the end of the program, your records will be printed and stored in a secure location. A copy of your records will also be kept in digital format at major global storage provider.

What accrediting body accredits Lucent University?

Lucent University is fully accredited by the Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC) in the United Kingdom with premier status. Also, Lucent University is in full compliance with the laws of the State of Florida and the US Federal Government. Students in the United States seeking regionally US-based accredited institutions should note that Lucent is not accredited by these agencies. To learn more about ASIC click here.

What institutions accept degrees from Lucent University?

Lucent University, like any other institution, does not have control over the acceptance policies of other Colleges or Universities. Depending on the institution the student wants to enroll in the future, or the country the student lives, institutions or country may not accept theology degrees even from Harvard or Oxford. If you plan to pursue a Degree in another institution after completing your studies at Lucent University, you should contact that institution to check their admissions policies to verify degrees from institutions like Lucent University qualifies you to enroll in the program you intend to enroll after you complete your studies at Lucent.

What institutions accept credits from Lucent University?

As mentioned above, Lucent University does not have control over the policies of other Colleges or Universities. Depending on the institution the student wants to transfer credits to, or the country where the student lives, your credit hours may not be accepted. If you plan to transfer credits to other institutions in the future, you should contact that institution to check on their policy on accepting credits from other institutions.

Does the Brazilian Ministry of Education and Culture recognize degrees from US or UK institutions?

Brazil is the only country that recognizes degrees exclusively issued by Brazilian colleges and universities. No institution based outside Brazil is recognized by the Brazilian Ministry of Education and Culture - MEC. We would still encourage you to prepare for the ministry with Lucent since you will have access to better quality education and also having a degree from an institution based in the US or the UK does not impact negatively with a career in ministry unless you want to become a seminary professor in Brazil.